Last week I was surfing the net and came across this brilliant and well-written piece, so that women would understand us men fully. I think all women should read this so that misunderstandings, even heartaches could be avoided.
10 Things Guys Wish All Women Knew
1. Sometimes we just don’t wanna talk. Don’t take it personally
2. We don’t have a good memory as you. Give us hints when you want us to remember something
3. We’re single-minded and can only do one thing at a time
4. We don’t intentionally ignore but please don’t interrupt us when we are doing something.
5. It’s not we don’t want to make you happy, it’s just sometimes we don’t know how.
6. If we ask you what’s wrong and you say “nothing” we will act like nothing is wrong.
7. But our lack of mind-reading ability doesn’t mean we don’t care about you.
8. Too much fantasy is bad for you. Don’t expect us to act like soap opera guys.
9. Beer is as exciting for us as handbags are for you.
10. Breathe occasionally so we can get a word in.
I was so happy and excited to show to my wife. After reading it, she took her computer and tried to answer the article. Yes, she did her own version of the ten things. Here is my wife’s version of 10 things Women wish every guy knew. And man she is on point!
10 THINGS MEN SHOULD KNOW ABOUT WOMEN by Mariel Tesoro
1. We like to talk and talk. Make an effort to listen. We don’t need your advice or your wise thoughts. We just want someone to listen.
2. We like to multi-task. It does not mean you are inefficient. Don’t take it personally.
3. There are days we feel crappy and unhappy. It’s not always about you. It’s just one of those days.
4. When we say “nothing”, it means something. So don’t get deceived. Give us time. Act concerned. When we’re ready we’ll tell you.
5. We know you don’t have any idea how to make us happy. We’re complicated. But we give out clues and hints all the time. Please pay attention.
6. We think something’s wrong when you’re quiet and staring into space. We might bug you until you give us an explanation. Don’t get annoyed at our ways. We care so much that we want to understand what you’re going through.
7. We are sensitive and we give meaning to what you say. But sometimes it’s how you say it that affects us. Say it properly, gently if you can. And please use kind words.
8. We like it that you are driven and that you keep up with the modern times. But we hope you stay old-fashioned enough to open doors for us and carry our grocery bags.
9. We like it when you make an effort to notice the way we look. It takes very little to make us feel loved.
10. It may seem that we are strong enough to handle anything. But we still need you by our side. We don’t always say this, but we’re not always brave and tough.